Find out what level your child is working at and how you can help them unlock their potential.
If you are a concerned parent, worried about the progress your child has made while being off school, or curious to know what level your child is working at (and how best to support and boost their learning), an Educational MOT is for you.
We identify your child’s strengths and development needs within literacy and/or numeracy; pinpoint the level they are currently working at (and what their potential is) while exploring other factors including dyslexia, dyscalculia and visual stress.
Following the session, (which is tailored to the age/stage of your child) a detailed feedback and recommendations report will be provided, to help boost your child’s progress (the report is emailed within a week).
What are the benefits of having an Educational MOT for your child?
- promotes confidence; by highlighting strengths, and successful ways of working.
- identifies gaps in learning/development areas which require extra support (particularly useful if you are considering tutoring for your child).
- pinpoints the level your child is currently working at in literacy (reading, spelling) and numeracy, and gives an indication of potential (all results are given as age equivalences and standardised scores, in an easy to understand format).
- provides easy to follow recommendations and a next steps learning plan tailored to your child’s needs, with clear, detailed guidance on how to boost your child’s learning.
- identifies whether ‘more able’ learners are reaching their potential (which may be beyond the level they are currently working at), or would benefit from more challenge in their learning.
- helps identify signs of a visual difficulty (8+) or other learning need (dyslexia, dyscalculia).
- gives parents/carers an understanding into how their child learns, and which learning strategies are most successful for them.
- saves potential time and money spent on tutoring ie. parents can use the learning plan to support their child’s learning, or can instruct a tutor with the specific areas to work on to fast-track learning (instead of more generalised tutoring).
I’m Diane, Educational Consultant, and I carry out all of the Educational MOTs. I have 25 years teaching experience, including 10 years working as an additional support for learning teacher and 5 years as a principal teacher, specialising in identifying and addressing a wide range of needs in primary aged pupils (including dyslexia, dyscalculia and autism), within mainstream primary schools.
In 2019, I resigned from my post as principal teacher, (I had grown so frustrated with the cuts in education and how they were affecting pupils and parents), to start my own business, Educational MOT; helping children to develop a love of learning, and unlock their potential.
I was awarded ‘Professional Recognition in Additional Support Needs’ from the General Teaching Council in 2019. All qualifications, PVG, and current references available on request.
MOT Package (including detailed feedback report) £65 – please click on the menu tab to discover the range of MOTs on offer.
All Educational MOTs can now be delivered face-to-face (following current health and safety guidelines), additionally, the All-in-One MOT can be delivered online, via the web-based video conferencing tool Zoom.
We also offer tailored online and face-to-face 1-1 tutoring sessions (£30 per hour), limited availability.
Please get in touch for more information on any of our services or to book an appointment.